We’ve read the reviews across the web for Viome and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 52
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Food recommendations were consistent with what I already believed to be issues for me.
- They don’t just provide an “avoid” list but also tell you what you should eat “more” of.
- Literally life changing advice.
- After following personalized diet recommendations, feel less bloated, and am more regular.
- Satisfies your curiosity about what’s living in your gut.
- Friendly customer service.
- Website and app are easy to use.
- They don’t try to up-sell you products or supplements so they seem more trustworthy.
- Their team includes a number of scientists.
- The science and techniques are all still new so the usefulness is a bit limited.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Fairly expensive.
- They should provide more info regarding the different bugs in your gut.
- Turn around time for results is a bit unpredictable and slow.
- They are going through growing pains, which slows down the process and their customer service.
- Results are a little too simplified.
- Their customer service can be hit or miss.
- In my dashboard, the results of my test changed without them notifying me which is really weird.
- They overbilled me and were hard to communicate with.
- They don’t answer all emails.
Viome provides one of the top microbiome testing products on the market. They deliver actionable dietary advice based on the microbiota composition of each person’s gut. While their customer service can be hit or miss, the fact that they are not trying to upsell customers with probiotics or supplements adds to their trustworthiness.